Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll

Something Strange Stirring in New York City
review by Maryom


On a wet, foggy day Garet James finds herself in an unknown area of New York, desperately seeking somewhere to take shelter from the rain. Something draws her into a strange antiques shop where the owner talks her into doing him a favour and opening an old, soldered shut, silver box. Little does she know, her life will never be the same....

I thought this book started off very well. I was suitably intrigued by the discovery of the silver box, by burglars obviously trying to steal it but somehow when more supernatural beings entered the story, I started to lose interest. I've nothing against vampires, particularly if they're young, rich and handsome, nor the otherworldly beings occupying New York City but somehow they weren't presented in a way to keep my attention. I'm sure a lot of paranormal romance fans will love this book - unfortunately I didn't.

Maryom's review - 3 stars
Publisher - Bantam Books
Genre -
paranormal romance,

Buy Black Swan Rising from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment